Five Characteristics Needed to be a Great Leader
A leader is not a job title but can be someone at any level. A leader is a coach that helps a person or group to develop. Today's business environment is collaborative and resembles more of a sports team mindset. Athletes have a "team-first" attitude. Leaders need to be mentors and develop their team or peers. Business Analysts can have more influence on the company direction than upper management. A Senior Business Analyst must be a leader and mentor.
1. Ego: A Leader needs to put their own ego aside.
2. Instill a team attitude: Team members need to be flexible for the good of the team.
3. Encourage Innovation and Questions: Leaders encourage questions and new ideas.
4. Encourage Excellence over Perfection: Team members must accept they will never be perfect.
5. Lead with Your Heart: A Leader shows how much he or she cares for their team.
1. Why BA's must be leaders and mentors.
2. How to become better BA's by leveraging leadership skills.
3. Why other team members better accept BA's as leaders.
About our Speaker:
Judy Alter CBAP® is a public speaker, coach, and Senior Business Systems Analyst with 17 years of experience in Business Analysis. She is known as “The Optimistic BA.”
6:00 - 6:30 pm Virtual mingle, connect to Zoom
6:30 - 8:00 pm Opening, Presentation, Conversation, Q&A
Zoom Link will be sent to registered attendees
Register for the event with your IIBA DC member email to link with your profile.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you have trouble registering.
© 2021 IIBA DC Metro Chapter
©2021 International Institute of Business Analysis